The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recently issued a recall for the Brompton electric folding bicycle due to a software glitch that can cause the bike’s motor to remain active even when the passenger isn’t actively peddling. Naturally, this can lead to any number of dangerous scenarios such as riders being whisked off into a busy intersection or simply falling off the bike itself.
The CPSC advises that anyone with an affected Brompton bike should get it repaired immediately via an authorized Brompton Electric dealer. The repair itself is rather simple and merely consists of a software update. Notably, no serious injuries involving the bike have been reported just yet. It’s also worth noting that if the bike starts moving on its own, the brakes can still be applied.
Today’s Top Deal
Today’s Top Deals
- Can you believe these sneakers that Amazon shoppers are obsessed with are only $20?
- Who would refuse a free $15 credit from Amazon? Here’s how to get yours
- Today’s top deals: Free $15 Amazon credit, Star Wars deals, $60 diamond studs for mom, $24 headphones, $199 Roomba, more
- Viral TikTok reveals a $6 product that fixes all the holes in your walls in seconds
Trending Right Now:
- A fourth stimulus check is coming soon, but there’s a very big catch
- NASA simulated an asteroid headed for Earth and has bad news for us
- Stop buying this bottled water immediately – and if you have any, throw it out
If you bought this bike, the manufacturer owes you money – here’s how to collect originally appeared on Moloft.com on Tue, 4 May 2021 at 11:04:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.