AMD has today updated its Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition version 21.5.1 drivers, bringing many features on board as well as fixing a lot of issues that have appeared in the past. Starting with support for the Resident Evil Village PC game, AMD promises to deliver up to 13% better frame rate at 4K maximum settings, while using the Radeon RX 6800 XT graphics card. The comparison was conducted with a reference to the previous driver, 21.4.1, which didn’t allow the card to reach as high FPS as it is now possible with the proper support for the game. Another game that is added to the support list is Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition. Some fixes have been implemented, as the incorrect performance metrics that may have incorrectly reported temperatures on Ryzen 5 1600 series processors. For a detailed list of bug fixes, please take a look at the list below.
Download AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.5.1.
- Resident Evil Village
- Up to 13% increase in performance in Resident Evil Village @ 4K MAX settings, with Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 on the 16 GB Radeon RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.4.1.RS-362
- Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition
- Disco Elysium may experience texture flickering on trees with Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Performance metrics may incorrectly report temperatures on Ryzen 5 1600 series processors.
- Lower than expected performance may be experienced at 4K resolutions on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products in some Payday 2 missions.
- Moonlight Blade may experience an application crash when entering a game with raytracing enabled.
- Green corruption may be observed in some video previews on the Radeon Software media pages or thumbnails.
- Radeon Software hotkeys using the numpad may sometimes fail to correctly save or work after upgrading to a newer Radeon Software version.
- Radeon Software recording and media files may intermittently fail to detect and tag Rainbow Six Siege screenshots, replays, or recordings.
- Added Radeon Software game detection for some recently added Xbox Game Pass games.
- Uninstalling or upgrading Radeon Software using the factory reset option may delete AMD chipset driver folders if they are stored in the same directory as the Radeon Software installation. Users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the AMD cleanup utility instead.
- Resident Evil Village may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
- Radeon Software may experience a crash when Record & Stream tab is in use and a display is hot plugged.
- Radeon FreeSync may intermittently become locked while on desktop after performing task switching between extended and primary displays upon closing a game, causing poor performance or stuttering. A system restart is a potential workaround if this is experienced.
- Cyberpunk 2077 may experience shadow corruption on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics when raytracing is enabled.
- The download or launch Ryzen Master buttons in Radeon Software may intermittently disappear or may fail to initialize Ryzen Master.
- If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
- DOTA 2 may experience flickering and corruption on Ryzen Mobile 5000 series.
- FPS logging may log incorrectly or fail to log on Ryzen Mobile 4000 series and RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- AMD is investigating isolated reports of intermittent loss of signal during Stream Optimization if HEVC is used on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products or later. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
- RS-362, Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 30, 2021 on the 16 GB Radeon RX 6800XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz memory, and Windows 10×64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.1 versus the previous driver edition 21.4.1 on Resident Evil Village @ 4K MAX settings. Performance may vary.